Sunday, August 7, 2011

Teenie Tiny!

I'm sure many people can imagine or get an appreciation for working with this size.  But I'm in awe.  Realizing that "people" sequins are not the correct scale, for a doll, I set out looking for the tiny ones I've seen in photos on other people's doll clothing.  These too are not in scale if you consider you would need a sequin that is 1/6 the size of a human sequin.  That is pretty tiny.

I did find these 1/4" Sequins.  Photo comparison:  This is them (blown up)



You are looking at a black japanese seed bead and a black regular "standard" sequin.  A single strand of thread for a scale!  See the hole of the tiny bead.  (about the same width as the thread!).  Maybe these tiny sequins are about 1/4 the size of the regular one.  Challenging to say the least.


Note to self:  Agnes needs some beaded jewelry :)  I've got all these beautiful beads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment