Friday, December 2, 2011

Guess who's coming (forever)

Agnes' new friend is due to arrive.  I think I will name her Greta (as she is already in the backstory that I have been writing for Agnes -- she will either be Greta or Inga).   To date, I think I've written about 60 pages.

So, I verbalized my desires a several weeks back for my birthday post -- I've been wanting a doll.  Not just any doll -- she needed to "fit" with Agnes.  This has been the hardest part.  There are so many wonderful dolls out there.  I've looked high and low, but I do want one that fits with Agnes.  I needed one that could fit with 1/6 scale, is strung with springs, has a removable wig, preferably porcelain, is a young woman (not a child)-- this turned out to be a very tall order.  Most of the dolls were 13+ inches -- clearly not 1/6 scale (if you consider 12" would be a 6' female -- 13" would be a 6'6" female) -- that's a lot of woman!  If she could wear ready made clothes.... It's a sale! :)

So, I took the plunge at the beginning of the November-- Now, I wait....

I'm going to try to talk my daughter into another box opening stop motion (that's going to be a tough sell).  I was thinking to the theme "I'm coming out" by Donna Summer.  Maybe I can talk her into it.  The only thing about the "live" photo taking is that I think you miss some of the oooohhhh and aaahhh of slowly removing the doll and seeing it for the first time.  But the flip side is you can relive it (so it's worth it to me).

Want to know who she is?....  Here's a bit of her...







Just a bit ...

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm excited! Her nose looks very human. I can't wait to meet her! I hope Agnes doesn't get too jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh Agnes is getting a friend/sister, very exciting, i can't wait to see who it is!!
    lovely nose although i can't guess who it is..
    ~Annina

    ReplyDelete