Friday, August 12, 2011

Bead to the Bone!

Can't say I will miss that numbing finger feeling.  However, I am happy with the result.  It is difficult to get a good photo of the beading.  It is pretty heavy.  I'm saving this for a wedding dress.  One of my fantasy dresses I would like to make for Agnes.  I'm going to put it in my "bag of tricks".  This is another back burner project! (You'll see it in time.)


Now for immediate gratification:  I got caught up in beading recently and I remembered all the really cool beads and crystals I bought on one of my trips to New York (I used to go there quite often).



I can't remember the name of the place, but there's a place on or near Broadway that sells the most extensive collection of Crystals.  That's where I got the ones for the blue and the brown (smoky topaz) neclaces.  Again, my crappy photography.  The "coolest one" in my opinion is the tiny fresh water pearls and black glass one.  So small, had to be strung by hand.  No needle.

These are all strung on nylon thread x4.  I was going to use wire, but it doesn't fall the same.  I was worried they would break, unless I would have used less nylon.  It makes them a little stiff.  I used small (but not tiny) crab claw closures (I didn't want to struggle with these each time).  These are just about 1/4"

I'm doing some more beading for another project....  Soon to come.  Eventually, I would like to do a dress/gown.  (that's a lot of work!)

More projects next time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment