Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Procrastination -- Tomorrow??

The old t-shirt saying "Procrastinators Unite -- Tomorrow!"

I don't have any particular order in which to complete all the things I have "in my head" for Agnes.  This is not a good thing.  I'll tend to push the "less favorite tasks" to the bottom of the list and "find" new projects. So, to battle this, I'm going to make a list of all outstanding projects, then randomly assign an order.  (roll a die for this).  Then, if anything "grabs" me -- like the lingerie project -- it will be added to a separate list of ad hoc projects.  (I was a project manager in a former life -- yikes).

So far I have:

The Zuhair dress (dang dress)
Black Silk couture dress
Crazy blonde/yellow wig
Red pants
Antique lace skirt
Blue silk slip

Yesterday, I found a lock of my youngest daughter's hair.  Want to make a wig for Agnes.  It isn't wefted.  Not to worry I once read a wig site (have no idea how to find it now) -- it talked about loose hair and how to make it into a doll's wig.  It involves stitching and the product Solvy by Sulky.  Those of you who machine embroider use it for stabilizing fabric as the design is stitched onto it.  It dissolves when wet.  I bought mine at JoAnn's Fabric.

So, add the wig to the list.  It's not a quick project so it won't go to the ad-hoc (make on the spot) list.

Also, I saw an amazing dress from the designer Eymeric Francois.  It had a pleat around the waist, the top looked like a corset, the back has what looks like hook and eye closures.  Love, love, love it.  He must be one of the smaller couture designers.  I'm not sure how many are part of couture.  But it is a very elite group.  From what I understand you are asked to join (it is only in France) -- Names like Juicy Couture, confuse the American mind.  I thought I also heard that the true spirit of Couture is it is all hand sewn.  So, add that to the list.

The Zuhair dress (dang dress)
Black Silk couture dress
Crazy blonde/yellow wig
Red pants
Antique lace skirt
Blue silk slip
Human hair wig
Eymeric dress
shoes

If the list grows any more, I'll need the rest of the year to complete it.  I'm hoping to be done by end of summer (fast approaching) and be on to more.  When I was making the bra and panty set, I did think that every girl needs a bikini... I should also have a back burner list.  (I'll make that eventually) -- I already sort of have one of those in my mind ;)

I had some free time last night, so:



The slip is a beautiful light silk charmeuse in a gorgeous blue that happened to match some elastic from my stash.  I used the scalloped pinking shears to finish the hem. Shame on me.  I crushed the slip.  Needs ironing.  (The bra is from first panty set I made for Agnes.)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment