Friday, July 8, 2011

What's in a Name?

Ok, so I'm reluctant to name my dolls.  And...I don't usually have a "back story".  However, I'm having trouble when referring to this doll.  I want to just say she -- "it" seems too inanimate.  That being said.  If Betty Modish had a name, then so too will my doll!! ;)  (Read old posts for reference).

Somehow, I've decided on Agnes.  Now this may have something to do with Agyness Deyn.  For those who don't know who she is, she's a fashion model.  (Hey, Agyness' real name is Laura  -- so we all "borrow" names.)  Agyness is really cute and quirky -- I saw her on the street in New York during fashion week a little while back.

While researching names (on the internet -- where else?) -- I came across another name that I liked Abela.  According to 2babynames.com, it is French and means breath.  (Agnes is Greek and means pure and gentle).  --  So there it is Agnes Abela.  (There is some irony in the name Abela as the doll's creator's last name is Abell).

Some day, I'd like to write a book (complete with a doll back story, cronicles of making her wardrobe, with photos of my exploits along the way).

I spent time going to see the last shuttle launch today.  It was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. i love the name Agnes Abela, beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete