Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dress Drudgery

I'm working on 2 dresses at once.  Still the Betsy Johnson one and now I'm trying a copy of a Zuhair Murad dress.   Yesterday, I got the black silk from my second order.  Looks like just the right material!  Pretty happy about that.  But I do feel like I'm hopping around too much, as the black silk is for yet another dress.    I see a dress and I want to try it right away.  I see another dress, same thing happens.  It's summer, so (in Florida) I have more free time.  But I think I've got to pace myself.  Maybe one a month or so and work on other things in the mean time.

I think I'll finish the Betsy Johnson one in another day or two.    It's a relatively simple design.



I saw the photo late one night and was tempted to try to imitate it.  LOTS of steps on this one.  Not a one day wonder.

Same with the black silk dress.  It has lots of steps and a TON of bead work.  That will be a real labor of love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment