Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dress -- Final fitting

And viola,  I put the dress on Agnes and adjusted for button placement and hemline.  The pattern was originally for the Gene doll.  I xeroxed it on a reduced setting.  It needs some more tweaking; before I make it again.  There is another version with a gathered skirt.  I thought of this pattern when I received the clothes from Canada from     This pattern surprisingly fit her hips.

I notice "Barbie clothes" are not kind to Agnes' hips:  I was afraid with the reduction of the pattern, that the hips wouldn't fit, but it fit nicely.  The original pattern was well below the knee.  This reduced version hit Agnes just below the knee.  I'm waiting on some tiny buttons I ordered to finish this.

yesterday, the silk fabric I ordered arrived.  I'm disappointed.  Although the fabric is beautiful, it won't work for the purpose I had in mind.  I saw a Betsy Johnson dress in the window of that shop.  I ordered more fabric yesterday.  I'm going to attempt to make this dress next if I can find the right tulle.


Post a Comment