Monday, July 18, 2011

Success! My Knit dress

Happy with my interpretation of this dress.  Wide raglan sleeves replace the dainty fitted sleeve of the original (This spares Agnes' fingers).  I chose to make the dress in black as I thought the off white might make her appear washed out.  The knitted fabric is much prettier in person.  It was taken from a sock!  I thought of this as it reminded of a sweater I had made from a DOA forum.  (Again, wealth of information on that BJD site).  This size doll has distinct advantages.  I added a chain belt for some interest.

Here's a picture of Agnes in front of the original ad.

Not as much success:  I'm still working on the other Betsy Johnson dress, but it is slow


Post a Comment