Friday, September 23, 2011

Fun Fun Fun!

Usually I love shopping.  But lately it has seemed like a chore to me.  Mostly because I need to shop for specific items and looking for stuff can be a drag.  But during the last couple days I have had a real blast!  It started with a trip to Home Depot.  Yes, Home Depot.  I don't think I've set foot in there in about a year.  I had some time to kill, so I started looking around for stuff.  In particular, for stuff for Agnes to start "saving" for a diorama for her.

I found the most amazing stuff.  They had these glass tiles.  Now, most times glass tiles are too thick to use for doll scale, these were not.  They are square tiles that are very thin.  (one is cracked -- that's how thin).  I want to use them for a "copper" themed kitchen.  I think it will take quite a while to get to the point that I feel I have enough time.

Here are the tiles.  The copper glass ones are for the kitchen floor and the mosaic tan and brown is for the bathroom wall.
As they are still in the packaging, the light reflection of the copper infused in the glass is not readily apparent.  These are beautiful tiles.  Worth taking a look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment