Saturday, October 22, 2011

more pumpkin coach

So, I marked the pattern on the back of my brocade fabric.  Silly me I used disappearing ink.  Problem with this is humidity erases it.  I went outside to take a photo and it was really humid.

This is the reverse of the fabric.  Heavily metallic.




By the time I set up, the lines were beginning to fade.  Noooooooooo.  There are supposed to be purple lines!  I rushed inside and cut the fabric.  I wish I had taken a photo, but I was so excited that I rushed up to sew the pieces together.

Once I assembled the pieces, the next step was to insert the lining into the Pumpkin.  I'm going to use some type of trim to finish the interior doorway.  So far so good.

So I stuffed the stitched lining into the hole (doorway).  This is what I had.



Looking straight in without a flash (As it bounces and washes the fabric due to the metallic)


I plan on attaching the fabric using silver thumb tacks in a quilted pattern.

If I step back, so you can see the pumpkin in its entirety, you can get a feel for the stage I've reached.




And miles to go before I sleep.  (Robert Frost reference... This project is going to be loooonnngggg)

2 comments:

  1. It is looking gorgeous already! I can't wait to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete