Monday, October 3, 2011

Fuzzy Wuzzy!

I saw some on one of the boards, I thought "how much fun are those"!  Had to have some.  I'm referring to those scuffy slippers!

Here's Agnes in them:



Here's how I made them:

First, I wanted the traditional faux fur ones, but couldn't find faux fur with a thick enough pile.  Then I remembered a pair that my daughter has.  These hideous green slippers that look like terri cloth.  So, I found the material in JoAnns.

I made mine in pink.  First, I traced Agnes' foot and decided on a shape for the sole.  Then, I cut out the outer sole.  I then traced that onto cardboard for an inner sole.  I glued the pink material to the inner sole. I trimmed off the excess fabric once it was dried.

This is what I had:


This is the lined part, where Agnes' feet go.  The underside to that is just plain cardboard.  Once the upper is glued to this inner sole, an outer sole will be added (glued).

Here's a peek at the flip side:





0 comments:

Post a Comment