Thursday, April 12, 2012

Crafts and Stuff.... Nothing to do with dolls! ;)

(Also in my "free" time -- aka late at night -- I'm working on a quilt for my daughter).  For me patchwork quilts are toughest at the cutting phase.  I'm mostly past that, so I'm happy, but I need to choose and cut the "background" -- that's a little tricky.  I have yet to have made such a large one.  Generally I stick to baby quilts...

Here's a look at that so far.... These are the front panels (the color in between is the existing bedspread) 


The back will also be a patchwork (just to have more fun (and work) -- It will be strips separated by the background color.


The material is batik -- 100% cotton.  (My favorite is the black piece -- near the top of photo)  You can see see moose, elk, bear, and a coyote!  It's from Alaska!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment