Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This past Saturday, I attended a miniature show....

I had been anticipating this show for months (didn't know what to expect) -- there were two sections -- sales room and displays.  I headed straight to sales, the displays weren't going anywhere....  There might be something I need and someone else is going to get it :) -- see where this is going.  Got to stay out of salesrooms.

I usually start off with, "I don't need anything", followed by "Oh, look at that", followed by "I've never seen that before", finishing up with "I just have to get one of those".... Dangerous.

I've picked up a bunch of things in hopes of eventually making a diorama.

Let's just say, I'm glad this only happens once a year... (I did sign up to be notified for the next show.)

There were really cool things such as make your own buttons... yeah I said buttons.  A woman showed how you could take this "caning" cut it into slices to decorate things.... I need make your own buttons....  You can make jewelry, decorate miniature food, and make buttons!

 These are tiny (imagine the size to make buttons or doll earrings) The detail is amazing.

I got this cloisonne box that opens.  I didn't get a good picture of it..



Then I got a bunch of things.... a wooden jewelry box, an ash tray, a covered urn, a small podium, on and on...

I love tiny things (especially if they "work").

0 comments:

Post a Comment