Monday, January 30, 2012

WIth Couture week over and Fashion week about to start....

I can't wait to see all the "people fashions" that translate into doll fashions.  There are a few doll designers that use people fashions and I'm always interested to see the doll version. (and the people version of course).  I love the Elie Saab couture collection...  To me it is the white wedding look.  One of the gowns reminds me that I have the Kate Middleton pattern to make a doll sized dress.

I'd love to get my hands on some of those couture fabric scraps!!!

I'm trying to finish up something (anything at this point)-- I have so much "in the works"...

Still working on that dang dress..........  Yikes, I see NO progress, but trust me I spend about 30 minutes to an hour on it EACH day........  I need what the designers have -- a team of 4 or 5 to knock this thing out.....


This is the last bit of black glitter being added to the top ruffle....  Finally....  I still have white and silver left to do but at least the black seems to be finished.  Ahhhh.  It's late, but I refused to leave this alone.

To complicate things, I'm dolly dabbling.  Sooo many new dolls out there.  Those 16" dolls??  can I just forget they ever happened and move on...  I keep looking.  Avant Guard, Ficon, Sybs, now FR will have a 16".....Their popularity keeps growing.  I'm not seeing it (yet).  I have a JamieShow that I can always break out of the box if I want a 16" fix... but somehow they remind me of the Genes, Alexandra Fairchild and that Tonner doll -- Tyler.  I've got those (well those are my daughters' dolls).  But they seem too big for me.  Too much doll.   I'm taking another plunge of sorts... I'll fill you in when she arrives.   She's going to be my "Pageant girl"...

0 comments:

Post a Comment