Friday, June 10, 2011

Putting out feelers

I'm wanting to start making some fashions, but I am still unsure about the size!  There are so many dolls out there.  I was leaning towards a typical fashion doll, then my search took me in another direction.  As I am still not sure if that will be a dead end, I'm in limbo until I find the suitable candidate (doll).

That said, I'm toying with a combination of commercial, custom and homemade fashions. I'm by no means a seamstress, so this will be very challenging for me.  I've heard that scale is very difficult with most dolls, but there are people out there with amazing skills.  I thought I should take a look at some of the fashions. Today, I found a Canadian company that seems to sell fashion doll clothes.  I'm very intrigued by the styles.  I decided to inquire about ordering a few.  If it works out, I'll post the fashions and the information.

As it is summer, and I have some free time, I bought some fabric and a pattern.  I thought I've always wanted to try sewing with a doll pattern.  I've collected patterns and fabrics over the years, but never found the doll I wanted to sew for.  I have Barbie patterns, Tyler patterns, and Gene patterns.   I also have those dolls, but was never inspired enough to even cut one. :(  Most of those dolls are still in their boxes in a spare closet.  Thinking back, this is a misstatement,  I actually have sewn for antique bisque dolls that I've collected over the years using silks and antique laces.  These were childlike fashions.   I am interested in developing a full wardrobe for an "older" doll.   I hope I can modify my patterns to fit a doll and that I will be inspired to sew.

0 comments:

Post a Comment