Saturday, November 12, 2011

Templating

Ok, this is the last carriage post for a while.  I know my blog has O.D.'ed on it this past week.  This was really supposed to be a blog about Agnes' wardrobe -- so I'm not going to drone on about making this.

As I've said many times.  This is a long (marathon) project.  I didn't want to rush through it, so I'm taking my time and documenting along the way.

In order to do the throne.  I decided to do panels on the sides that could be padded, upholstered and then attached.  Is this the best way?  I couldn't tell you as I've never done it before.  Seems reasonable to me so here goes.

First, I trimmed the back of the throne (rounded the back edges).  Then I traced out the sides, front, back and inner on some poster board.  (any thin cardboard would have done -- I had this left over from a giant flag project that my daughter was doing for Veteran's Day.


I've marked up the throne with a red marker for the corresponding templates:



Feeling pretty motivated today to do some sewing.... Got to go (before the feeling leaves me).

0 comments:

Post a Comment